- Wear your bandage for 1 to 2 hours, then remove it and wash the tattoo gently with fragrance-free antibacterial soap.
- Let air dry or gently pat dry with paper towel. Do not rub back and forth.
- Apply a very thin layer of Aquaphor Healing Ointment to your tattoo a few minutes after washing.
- You will need to wash your new tattoo 2 to 3 times daily as above and re-apply Aquaphor as needed.
- Re-wrap tattoo before sleep for 2 to 3 days.
- Avoid contact with bedding and tight clothing.
- Avoid body wash, lotions and shampoos that have fragrances.
- Continue using light amounts of Aquaphor ointment or lotion for 2 to 3 weeks as the tattoo heals.
- Do not swim or go into a hot tub for at least 2 weeks.
- Your tattoo will peel and itch as it heals. Do NOT scratch or pick at it! Pat the area gently to relieve itching.
- Wear sunscreen after tattoo is healed to protect from sun damage.
*Consult a health care practitioner at the first sign of infection or an allergic reaction. Report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting from the application of the tattoo to the artist and to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Drug and Medical Devices Group, at 1-888-839-6676.